So I made this for one of my favorite days ever- The USC vs. UCLA football game. It’s like my fave fave. JorBabe loves UCLA + I’m a huge SC groupie. We have shirts + everything. + we make bets against each other. It just gets real competitive (playful competitive) + fun!
This year we celebrated it at my girlfran’s house + of course you never show up empty-handed! I decided this was the perfect game day grub!
I think my favorite guilty pleasure is spinach artichoke dip. I loveeee to let myself splurge on it when we go out to eat. Like, I am the happiest girl in the restaurant when I’ve got my spinach dip. + I’m not too talkative because I’m too busy stuffing my face. Cute, huh? But it’s gotta be perfect- not too cheesy, not too greasy + not too spinach-y. Some restaurants really eff this up + TBH, all restaurants (well, 99.99%) make the most unhealthy version of this.
I’m always thinking of ways to make the most unhealthy dishes a little more healthy so that I can feel less guilty when eating them. Bing bang bam.
This one is bomby. Like so so so so good. I need one of those Kitchen Safe lock boxes (<<< saw this ish on Shark Tank – SO RAD!) to put it in so that I don’t eat it all.
For this recipe, I took a risk + used all greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Anyone else think sour cream + plain greek yogi taste the same? Because I do. + I’d rather put greek yogi into my body than sour cream.
Skinny Kale Spinach Artichoke Dip (serves 8-10):
- 1 bag frozen artichoke hearts, thawed + chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups finely chopped spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 TSP cayenne pepper (I add 2 tsp bc I like things w/ a lil more kick in them + helllloooo revved up metabolism!)
- 1/2 TSP turmeric (I add 1-2 tsp bc it’s turmeric + turmeric is amazing for you – see why here) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 TSP pink himalayen salt
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP organic mayo (This is optional but makes the dip, really…trust me. I don’t like mayo but it’s good here.)
- 3 TBSP raw parmesan + extra for the top
- coconut oil to grease the baking dish
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Throw everything into a bowl + mix up! Place into your greased baking dish + bake covered for 35-45 minutes. I bake it for about 45 min. because I like the top to crisp up a bit. Let this set for 5-10 min. + serve w/ some tasty pita chips!
I tend to add more artichokes because I’m an artichoke heart fanatic. Like, I’m that girl at Whole Foods with the $15 salad from the produce bar because it’s pretty much all artichoke hearts + damn are those things heavy.
Anywhooo- everyone loved this because what’s not to love? Especially with a little college football, best friends + good dranks?!
Anyone else have any healthy apps you love to serve at your parties?